
Hey Dad sorry this is the only picture I had of you, but I just wanted to let you know how much I love you. I was your first daughter and mom says from the moment you laid eyes on me you loved me. Well I will have to take her word for it cause I can't remember, but I do know that you always showed me how much you loved me even through my rotten teenage years. I knew that you would always provide for our family and make sure we had what we needed. As a little girl I used to love sitting in your lap and watching old movies. I loved to hear you sing and play the piano and guitar. I thought you were the best singer in the world. I remember listening to the Rolling Stones and the Eagles on your records and dancing around unaware of the true meaning of Witchy Woman or She's Under My Thumb. I remember the time you took us fishing and I got a hook stuck in my finger. You were so patient and gentle trying to get me to let you pull it out. I always thought your jokes were so funny. Now I know the truth but you still crack me up only in different ways. I remember crying cause people made fun of my glasses so you told Mom to let me get contacts. I remember our trip back from Utah after Hannah's wedding and how I promised I would help drive all night and then wimped out outside of New Mexico. I still remember you telling me how important you thought it was that we marry LDS guys and even though it still took me a few years to find the right one I knew that you would love him. I hope that you are truly happy that I am your daughter cause I know I am grateful to have had you in my life. I still think your funny and still love to sing and I hope to share many more Father's Days with you in the years to come. I will always be your little girl and whether you admit it or not your favorite;)
2 comments:
Hi! Yes, I have a few blogs from people back then
Matthew Knies: http://kniesfamily.blogspot.com/
Lisa Mills:http://mytrainerlisa.blogspot.com/
Isn't it fun to get a glimpse into old friends' lives?!
Oh sweet!!! I will bring it up to Dallas and we will definitely look into that :)
Post a Comment