First I would like to wish my Aunt Lynette a Happy Happy Birthday! I heard yo had a wonderful party. I am sorry I didn't get to come and help. I would have gladly sacrificed my finger to make your party hat. I will keep your age to myself but I just want to say that you don't look a day over 20. And to Aunt Charlotte I totally agree Joshua is the happiest baby ever. I was just looking at how many pictures I have of him smiling. Sometimes I will catch him smiling at me when I am not even looking at him. God knew to send me a good one.
We had a great Easter. Chris's mom and dad flew up from Texas for his brother's graduation. For all those wondering why they didn't come for Chris's graduation, Chris and Patrick were graduating two weeks apart and they couldn't afford to stay that long away from their jobs and since Chris has his own cheering section and Patrick is still single we were glad to have them for Easter. We had a blast. Saturday we went to the egg hunt at Macey's and they got to meet the Easter Bunny.


That night we colored eggs. Uncle Isaiah was really excited about this. It had been years since he had colored eggs.

Uncle Patrick and his new girlfriend were too busy slobbering all over each other and Granddad was snoozing, but Nona and mom and dad joined in.



It was fun and we had the prettiest eggs I have ever seen.

Then sunday morning we woke them up before church to find their baskets. Benny found his pretty fast. Caleb didn't care about finding his. Once he saw Benny's candy that was all he wanted.


After church we had our egg hunt. It was cute to finally have a kid who understood what he was supposed to be doing.







Later that week we did our civic duty and attended our local Tea Party in order to protest these bailouts and stimulus packages. It felt good to be actively doing something that we as a family believe strongly in. We made it our Family Home Evening and Benny must have taken in more than we thought; cause when we got there he jumped out of the car with his sign and started yelling "NO MORE TAXES". I had to prompt him a little when I started recording but I swear he was doing it on his own before I turned the camera on. All the people walking to the rally with us were cheering him on. That had to be one of my proudest moments as a mother. Maybe he'll be the next Rick Perry. I can only dream. Caleb also had fun holding a sign for us. And yes it was snowing and freezing and we did drag our kids out to show them the importance of standing up for what you believe in no matter the cost or risk.



Here is our double stroller decked out too

and I just thought this kid was awesome. In case you can't see it well that is supposed to be a ball and chain around his ankle.
3 comments:
Sorry I guess the video is not working, but you can see it on my facebook page.
Yay for fellow protestors! Did you see my protest pics too? I'm glad that others were supporting the cause too.
I am so impressed with your easter festivities. Way to get out an stand up for your beliefs!
Post a Comment