Sunday, November 21, 2010

This One's For You Mom

So after living here for over a year, I finally got a my mom down here to my house. It was a very exciting visit for Halloween. Now all of you young mom's know exactly what happens when your mom comes to visit. All of the sudden every thing that you do isn't quite the way your supposed to do it. Of course they say it with love and try to be subtle, but you get the hint.

I have always hated ironing and usually my ironing board can be found in the garage collecting dust. Well I guess I need to suck it up and put my big girl panties on, cause according to mom my kids look like rag-a-muffins (her exact wording) when they go to church. I told her I have a really hard time with clothes that have to be ironed all the time, so I just buy khakis and polo shirts. And we barely make it out the door on time as it is. The kids usually don't have their hair combed and they are handed a frozen blueberry waffle and a sippy cup of milk (almost all the food groups) as they march out the door. Plus funds are tight so we figured while they were in nursery it didn't really matter, and we would buy them a nice white shirt when they started primary.

To make a long story short the next weekend when my mom came back to bring home Caleb, she insisted on buying my kids all new church clothes. Well, I can't complain when someone is spending their money on me, so needless to say we were very thankful. And this is the end result.



Aren't they the sweetest little future missionaries ever. I have to admit sometimes (sometimes) mom's are right. I definitely feel a difference on Sundays now that we take a little more time to look our best. I think the kids even feel the spirit a little more cause they seem a little nicer during sacrament meeting. Or maybe they just look so sweet I am more forgiving. Thanks Mom.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Those are some handsome boys! Watch out, ladies, for these RMs in 15-20 years!

The Fox Family said...

that is soo cute!!! hannah...i think you should be worried about YOUR little ladies. What studs.

The Fox Family said...

hahaha!!!! and I just realized how stupid that comment is since you are related....oh my gosh how embarrassing. I guess I forgot for a moment.

Lisa said...

Hahahahaha!! I love your Mom and completely agree! The boys looks so handsome and I'm a big fan of little ones that get dressed up like that. The girls do it, the boys should too. ;)

Amy said...

WOW I can see both of you in each of them in different ways and I can't believe how much they have grown. It makes me sad that I can't see you, Hannah, Tia, Becky... all the ladies around the play ground like I used to. Miss you!